Want to start your Chevy? Just ask Alexa
Ever want to warm up your truck on a cold morning without having to leave the house? Or crank up the AC when it’s sweltering out? Ever gotten into bed and suddenly worried that you left your SUV unlocked out in the driveway?
Starting up your car or locking the doors seem like simple tasks. But, think about all the times when doing it without having to lift a finger would come in handy and eliminate another worry. Chevrolet has created a skill for Alexa to make it happen.
If you have an Alexa Built-In device like an Amazon Echo† you can remotely lock or unlock your vehicle doors and even start or stop your properly equipped Chevrolet by simply asking Alexa. And you can do it all from the comfort of home.
You’ll also need a connected vehicle service plan† and your Chevrolet Owner Center credentials. You’ll be prompted to use your OnStar PIN.
The process of getting your Chevy and Alexa connected is simple.
- Go to alexa.amazon.com or the Amazon Alexa mobile app and log in to your account.
- Search for and select the myChevrolet skill. Click enable.
- Link the skill to your Owner Center account with your username and password. Your username should be your email address.
Once you’ve activated the myChevrolet skill for Alexa, here are just some of the commands you can utilize:
- Alexa, ask Chevrolet for help: Prompts Alexa to recite a list of available functions
- Alexa, ask Chevrolet to start my car: Alexa will ask for your PIN, and then start your vehicle, if properly equipped.
- Alexa, ask Chevrolet to stop my car: Alexa will stop the car you most recently started.
- Alexa, ask Chevrolet to lock/unlock my car: Alexa will ask for your PIN, and then lock or unlock your vehicle, if properly equipped.
Multiple vehicles can be managed with the skill but it allows customers to interface with only one vehicle at a time.